Triple IR (IR3) Flame Detector
Superior performance, reliability and immunity to false alarms
The new 40/40I, is a multi-spectrum flame detector based on three IR bands (IR3) that detects fuel and gas fires at long distances with an incredible immunity to false alarms. The 40/40I IR3 can detect a 1 ft2 (0.1m2) gasoline pan fire at 215 ft (65m) in less than 5 seconds.
The 40/40I is the most durable and weather resistant flame detector currently on the market. Its new features include a heated window, to eliminate condensation and icing; HART capabilities for digital communications; lower power requirements; and a compact, lighter design.
For more detailed information review the Product Tabs below.
• Multi spectrum design for long distance detection and high false alarm immunity.
• Sensitivity selection to ensure no zone crossover detection.
• Automatic and Manual Built-In-Test (BIT) for assured, continued reliable operation.
• Heated window for operation in harsh weather conditions
• (Snow, ice, condensation).
• Multiple output options for maximum flexibility and compatibility:
-Relays (3) for Alarm, Fault and Auxiliary
-HART Protocol for maintenance and asset management
-RS-485, Modbus Compatible
• High Reliability MTBF minimum: 150,000 hours.
• Approved to Safety Integrity Level 2 (SIL2 – TUV).
• 5-Year Warranty.
• User Programmable via HART or RS-485.
– Approved for hazardous locations:
– Zones 1 & 2 with IIC gas group vapors present.
– Zones 21 & 22 with IIIC dust type present.
• Ex approved to:
– ATEX & IECEx.
• 3rd party performance tested
– EN54-10 (VdS).
• Marine Approval:
– MED ‘Wheelmark’ approval (DNV)