BFC-4 Controller with Serial Interface
The BFC-4 Quad Channel Controller provides simultaneous display and alarm functions for up to four transmitters or sensors. Easy to configure and user friendly, the BFC-4 can function as a critical alarm controller for toxic combustible gases , flame detection as well as other customizable values. Available with 900 MHz or 2.4GHz wireless send / receive capabilities.
For more detailed information review the Product Tabs below.
• Accepts inputs from up to four 4 – 20 mA sensors or transmitters as
well as Buckeye Detection Systems wireless transmitters. Generates
24VDC external device power for transmitters and other devices.
• Three adjustable independent alarm levels per channel. “Relay
Acknowledge” feature allows silencing of external audible devices
during alarm conditions.
• Graphic LCD readout displays monitored data as bar graphs,
engineering units and 30 minute trends. Alarm LED’s flash with new
alarms and become steady after acknowledgement.
• Two standard programmable SPDT alarm relays are configurable for
Horn, High, Warn or Fault conditions.
• Modbus® master / slave RS-485 serial port interfaces to Modbus® devices such as other
Buckeye Detection Systems controllers, PLC’s, DCS and PC’s.
• Cal Mode offers push button zero / span calibration functionality for direct sensor input applications.
• Authorization mode allows locking of critical configuration settings.
• Touch and magnetic keypad are standard for non-intrusive operation in potentially hazardous
• Enclosures include: Non-metallic, Epoxy Coated Steel, 316 S.S., NEMA 4X, and NEMA 7 explosion proof
wall mount options.
• Certified to CSA C22.2.No. 152 for combustible detection and Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C and D.
• Non-volatile memory retains all configuration data indefinitely.
• RS-485 Modbus® master / slave port for up to 128 devices to be multi-dropped on a single data high
way for interrogation by another Modbus® master.
• Six additional 5 amp SPDT discrete channel alarm relays available. (Two are standard)
• 4 – 20 mA outputs, event log, strobe lights and audible annunciators are also available.
• 50 and 120 Watt 24VDC power supplies are available.
Available inputs include 4 – 20 mA with precision 100 ohm terminating resistor (0 – 2 volt inputs may be accepted by removing the socketed terminating resistor) and catalytic bead / IR sensor inputs with adjustable sensor excitation and balance settings. Accepts Buckeye Detection Systems 900 MHz or 2.4GHz wireless transmitter inputs.
Standard Alarm Relays
Two programmable 5 amp 30VDC or 250VAC resistive form C.
Analog Outputs (Optional)
10 bit 4 – 20 mA output. Max load 800 ohms with nominal 24VDC power supply.
Discrete Alarm Relays (Optional)
Six programmable 5 amp 30 30VDC or 250VAC resistive Form C.
Serial Port (Optional)
Master / Slave RS-485 port equipped with Tx / Rx LED’s.
Protocol is Modbus® RTU.
128 x 64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight. Displays bar graphs, trends and engineering units. Six discrete LED’s indicate alarm status, Cal Mode and keypad activity.
Ambient Temperature Range
-25˚ – 60˚ C (-13˚ – 140˚ F)
100 – 240VAC / 10 – 30VDC are standard primary power supplies.
CSA 22.2 No. 1010.1 and C22.2 No. 152 for combustibles and ISA S82.02; UL 1604 / C22.2 No. 213 (NEMA-4X = Division 2 Groups A, B, C and D.
EN55011 and EN61000 (CE Mark)
BFC90-12 = NEMA 7 Division 1 Group B, C and D.
BFC-4PY in Non Metallic enclosure
BFC-4PCS in NEMA 4X painted carbon steel enclosure
BFC-4SS in NEMA 4X, 316 S.S. Steel enclosure
BFC-4XP in bolt on lid NEMA 7 cast aluminum enclosure