BFC-64 16 – 64 Channel Controller Interface
The BFC-64 Channel Controller provides simultaneous display and alarm functions for up to 64 transmitters or sensors. 16, 32, 48 and 64 channel display modes with I/O modules arranged in groups of 16 channels allow economical configuration and expansion of systems. This easy to
configure, user friendly controller is ideal for centralizing display and alarm functions in critical multi-point monitoring applications.
- 16, 32, 48, 64 channel display modes accept inputs from many sensor types and signal ranges.
- Ethernet with Modbus® TCP Master / Slave and web server for configuration and monitoring convenience.
- RS-485 serial ports allow simultaneous Modbus® Master / Slave operation. Two standard ports and two isolated ports.
- Wireless Modbus® interface available.
- Three independent alarm levels per channel. “Sparing Relay Acknowledge” feature allows silencing of external audible devices during alarm conditions.
- QVGA color LCD displays monitored data as trends, bar graphs and engineering units. Readouts change colors to indicate alarms.
- Five standard SPDT 5 amp alarm relays for Horn, and Fault, plus three programmable alarm relays.
- Options such as catalytic bead / IR sensor inputs, 4 – 20 mA inputs, 4 – 20 mA outputs, discrete and programmable alarm relays are supported via an I2C expansion bus.
- Cal Mode offers push button zero / span calibration functionality for direct sensor input applications.
- Authorization mode allows locking of critical configuration settings.
- Data logger onto SD card allows recording of minimum and maximum values for one year.
- Power supply options for 150, 600 or 1200 Watts.
- Magnetic keypad standard for non-intrusive operation in potentially hazardous locations.
- Enclosures include wall mount NEMA 4X, Non-Metallic, 316 S.S. NEMA 7 and Rack / Panel mount.
Analog Inputs (Optional)
12 bit 4 – 20 mA into 150 ohms input impedance; includes postive power supply terminals for each channel for routing power to two or three wire transmitters.
Modbus® Master and Slave RS-485 port equipped with Tx / Rx LED’s.
Protocol is Modbus® RTU.
Modbus® TCP Master / Slave port with web server.
Five 5 amp 30VDC or 250VAC resistive form C.
Analog Outputs (Optional)
10 bit 4 – 20 mA output. Max load 800 ohms with nominal 24VDC power supply.
QVGA 320 x 240 pixel graphic LCD with back-light. Displays bar graphs, trends and engineering units in color. 5 discrete LED’s indicate alarm status for five standard alarm relays.
Ambient Temperature Range
-25˚ – 60˚ C (-13˚ – 140˚ F)
10 – 30VDC (24VDC nominal) 12 Watts max required by BFC-72.
BFC10-0172 optional 150 Watt power supply.
BFC10-0367 optional 600 Watt power supply.
CSA 22.2 No. 1010.1 and C22.2 No. 152 for combustibles and ISA S82.02.
UL 1604 / C22.2 No. 213 (NEMA-4X = Division 2 Groups A, B, C and D)
EN55011 and EN61000 (CE Mark)
Models BFC-72XP and BFC72-06 = NEMA 7 Division 1 Group B, C and D.